Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Remote Start problem...HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 09:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Remote Start problem...HELP!!!!

So, I have the Viper 791XVR and lately when I go to start it from the remote, the security light on the dash comes on and the car won't start. It used to do that only once and a while, but the last 4 times I have tried to start it, it does that. What could it be? Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this sort of thing??
Old 10-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02blackZ
So, I have the Viper 791XVR and lately when I go to start it from the remote, the security light on the dash comes on and the car won't start. It used to do that only once and a while, but the last 4 times I have tried to start it, it does that. What could it be? Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this sort of thing??
Probably used the wrong resistor for VATS. Or just bypass VATS. Shitty anti-theft system anyways, lol. So OUTDATED!
Old 10-23-2004, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

Did a shop install it or did you? Most of the time I seen this problem is when whoever put in the bypass for remote start they just T-tap the wires at the column instead of soldering them. If the ignition switch doesnt see the correct resistance then factory security will kick in.I would have the shop check the bypass connections or maybe the bypass to see if they are faulty.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:14 AM
TECH Regular

A shop installed it, is there any instructions out there to show how to disable the VATs myself? I had it installed in the town I used to live in and I don't really want to have to drive all the way back to have something done I could have done myself!
Old 10-26-2004, 06:44 AM
STF Veteran

Follow the instructions in this guide.

Using a meter, figure otut which of the 15 values you have.

Buy the appropriate resistors from Radio Shack.

Find the orange sheathed wiring harness with 2 small wires and white connector, ppl/wht, wht/blk.

Solder the resistors in parallel between the two wires on the BCM side of the harness.

Use the chart in this pdf once you know your value.

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/pdf/Model781.pdf