Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

aftermarket alarm help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default aftermarket alarm help please

Ok, well this isn't an f-body, but this not working is preventing me from getting my f-body finished.

Anyway, the vehicle is an 84 blazer and the problem is that the alarm has, I believe, cut the ignition so the vehicle will no longer start. Here is the problem, I didn't put this in (came with the car) and I have no clue what is going on with it.

I would very much prefer to just take it all out as I don't want it (its on a $500 vehicle -- if they steal it I don't really care). How can I go about doing this since I don't know how the original wiring went together? Is there a simple way -- like jump a relay, etc.?

Thanks
Old 10-31-2004, 01:45 AM
Staging Lane

Hey thats an easy one. If you drop the lower dash area under the steering column you should be able to see where they cut the yellow starter wire to run to the relay. If you simply splice that back together with a 10-12 gauge butt splice you should be good to go. Hope this helps. If you need more info email me at vinman1175@hotmail.com.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the help! Thats all I needed -- just didn't know which wire.