Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Which CD changer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 09:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which CD changer?

I just recently purchased my second Z28 and unfortunately it does not have a cd player in it. It does have the monsoon stereo system and sounds amazing for playing off the radio. I'd like to keep the factory face plate. I guess my question is what would be a good cd changer to get for a decent price? I was thinking about trying to buy a used changer out of another f-bod but going to best buy may be cheaper/easier/faster. any thoughts appreciated.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

There is only one aftermarket CD changer that can be connected to the factory head unit. The Neochanger comes with 14 different adapters, one of which is the correct one for our cars. There used to be adapters to allow Kenwood or Pioneer changers to work with the Monsoon system but I don't think they're sold anymore. Otherwise, you should look for a 6 or 12 disc factory changer in the for sale section here or on ebay. They can generally be found for quite reasonable prices.