Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Courtesy Lights wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Courtesy Lights wiring question

I'm trying to wire some cold cathode lights under my dash to come on with the courtesy lights. Is there an easy way to wire this?? The fuse for the courtesy lights is always hot, and it looks like the lights take a negative signal from the door triggers to turn on. All I have is a positive wire and a ground wire on the cathode light. Am I screwed, or is there a fairly simple way to do this? I know enough about electronics to be dangerous, but I'm no expert by any means. heh.

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Negative trigger is fine as you can hook up the power wire to the 12v and the ground to the negative trigger! I have 15" red neons in my door pockets so at night cars passing can see the door is open!

Hint: it is much easyer to tap the door triggers on a f-body! At the BCM! Passenger side uder dash blue plug at the BCM,BCM is located in the passenger kick,just in front of the blower motor! Use gray/black for drivers door and black/white as passenger door. Diode isolated or use a relay! As one trigger for both lights.

Quick Reply: Courtesy Lights wiring question