Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon Tone Control won't stay set??

Old 11-10-2004, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon Tone Control won't stay set??

Whenever I change the station or turn the car off my tone setting turns of?? (ie. jazz, rock, country, news.......) Has anyone else ever noticed this??
Old 11-10-2004, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

I've noticed that with most of my stations, not all of them. The cd player keeps the setting though. It's really annoying.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

When you set the station in the first place you did set the auto tone right? Get the station you want, get the tone you want then hold down on the preset number you want until it saves. Once that is done it will stay for good unless you scan to a different station. I figure you knew all this but also figured I'd throw it out there, it's always the easy stuff that kills us.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:49 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

You have to program the tone differently for each station? That sucks. I'm glad I have the EQ that comes with the Firebird's Monsoon.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:47 AM
On The Tree

Actually.....MySStery_machine, I didn't know that.......being a typical guy.......I havn't read my manual yet..........so thanx for the info.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

yeah thanks i didnt either
Old 11-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP1
You have to program the tone differently for each station? That sucks. I'm glad I have the EQ that comes with the Firebird's Monsoon.
Actually, I can see where it would have advantages. If you like to listen to several different types of music and perhaps some talk radio then you could set the different tone settings for each station for the appropriate sound. I sure wouldn't want extra bass for classical music or listening to a football game.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

Exactly the reason for the different settings. I have my AM set with the talk feature or Pop so I can hear since all the broadcasters sound like Barry White. Whereas my rock stations are set to...Rock, go figure or even Jazz if the station boosts the bass. Glad I could be of help.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

I like having things stay where I put them. I'd rather change the setting manually than have it do it for me.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:07 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

I don't know...my wife's Envoy has that memory feature that sets the seat position and mirrors depending on who unlocks it. I like the way it automatically changes to my favorite radio station and previous volume level without having to mess around with it.

Once you get the tone set for each of your presets, you can change stations as often as you like without having to play with those tiny sliders on the equalizer. Don't get me wrong - I love the equalizer on my home stereo - it's just overkill for the noisy interior of a car and its much more trouble than typical bass-mid-treble rotary tone controls when you're driving.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
I don't know...my wife's Envoy has that memory feature that sets the seat position and mirrors depending on who unlocks it. .
Dont get me wrong. I like the memory seats and mirrors. That is a great idea. Even the radio station presents changing based on driver is a great idea. What I dont like is my radio settings changing themselves based on channel (or in this case, losing settings). I almost always listen to XM which is piped in thought my CD Changer port, so this wouldnt work for me anyway.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:34 PM
TECH Resident

No it doesn't do it automatically, if you were listening to rock but the way it sounds best to you is with the preset tone control labeled Jazz then there you go, just program it in. It doesn't adjust automatically to the format of the station just holds the preference for that station preset button.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:17 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

I know it doesnt automatically change to the format of the station. What I meant is that if the setting isnt programmed in, the setting gets lost when you change the station.
Old 11-14-2004, 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

Just had to say thanks for this post. I've recently been bothered by the radio switching over to Country and western everytime I changed the channel. Just been too lazy to actually bust out the manual and didn't want to look silly asking on here. Now that I've read this, I went out and wah-lah. No more C/W for me!

Justin

Search this Thread