Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Front Mounted Video Camera for LS1???

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Mounted Video Camera for LS1???

Hey I want to get a front mounted video camera on the dash for my 2000 TA, WS6 A4.... Does anyone have them and can comment on how they like/dislike them?? Plus where can I get one and which is a good brand??? Thanks!!
Old 12-03-2004, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

check out http://www.chasecam.com they make the "cone cam" and also a new smaller bullet cam. You could mount the bullet camera almost anywhere with some tape, but they have nice suction mounts too. If its too pricey, they also have some sturdy camera mounts with arms for small video cameras. I've used a cone cam before and its nice, some guys at autocross have the mounts and just mount the whole camera... works good for them too. The video quality from the cone cam is decent, not top quality, not real bad though. There are some other race camera manufacturers/packagers if you look online or in SportsCar mag, some get really expensive. But check on ebay for small video cameras for train sets etc there are some other decent tiny cameras available cheaper.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:40 AM
TECH Resident

Lightbulb Camera Ideas...

Hey it's Kev here,
If your interested I have one of the Kustom In-Car police Video systems from one of our retired patrol units. The video quality is top of the line and the camera's (has one for front and one for rear) are super quality.
The whole system includes a VCr encased in a metal container (bullet proof...don't ask me why) 2 camera's and wiring, a video control center for record, FF, REW, PLAY, Etc, a video monitor screen, and a wireless body microphone...that's so you can get out of your car and record anything in the area.
This is a set up from a police cruiser so, high quality stuff. System works and is in nice shape, city just went to newer systems. I put it on here one time but the guy who said he wanted it waffled on paying. System new sold for 4500.00 scoots but.....make me an offer...any offer, and it's yours. Be warned though, it's about 50 lbs and shipping could be a little pricy.
Let me know what ya think and PM me if your interested.
Kev
Old 12-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Banned

ill give you 100 for it shipped......