Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Piecing together a system...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piecing together a system...

The last few monsoon speakers i've got left are on their last legs. So i am seriously lookin now for replacements. I'm going to do it right the first time, so i'm looking for quality components. What are your reviews, comments, opinions on the following brands:

-Focal
-MB Quart
-Boston Accoustics

and what model #'s should i be looking at in each brand? Right now the plan is to replace the door speakers, and sail panel speakers. Then ditch the hatch speakers and put a sub(10") in the cubby hole. Along with the addition of an amp and HU.

When replacing the entire system like this, is re-wiring required? or should i say, is it suggested?

I plan on doing the install myself, maybe w/ the help of a friend or two... and i'm probably going to lay down some sound deadening material while i'm at it. So i'm just trying to get an idea of how much work i'm going to be doing when the time rolls around for the project to get underway.

TIA