Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

HELP ASAP please, Amp wiring question...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP ASAP please, Amp wiring question...

Here's what I got going on. I have the factory Monsoon Head Unit, I need to know which wires to tap (if possible) in the back of the HU to get signal to my amp for my subs. I have not really done much stereo stuff (OK, none really) but I have a good bit of wiring experience and I'm not a total goof.

I think I could just figure it out, but the signal wires for this amp are RCA style, and I don't want to cut them up if I don't have to, but it's the only option I see.

I already had all this installed with a Pioneer HU, but the unit went out, so I took everything out, but I had it wired into my factory HU before I got the pioneer, so I don't understand why I can't figure this out...

Please help!!!

Taco
Old 12-11-2004, 12:24 PM
14 Second Truck Club

There is a wiring adapter I bought for my Bose head unit to install an amp that somebody on here told me about. It was a pac-oem1 maybe, I forget the exact number. If you search pac-oem on google you should find what you need.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:27 PM
14 Second Truck Club

http://www.pac-audio.com/

Here is a link to their home page. They have a aplication section that will tell you what ou need. There are plenty of web sites carrying their stuff cheap also, and maybe a sponsor or two.