Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need Help with Monsoon Amp

Old 06-04-2005, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Monsoon Amp

I am installing a system in my camaro and was wondering if I could just get rid of the amp completly. Wondering if there are any wires that have to be hooked up from the amp harness. A JL 1000/1 ,300/4 and a 5 farad alumapro are going in and I just wanted to get rid of as much weight as possible.
Thanks for the help.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have completely bypassed the Monsoon amp and have all new speakers (Alpine 6.5" coax in doors, JL audo 4" in hatch). I wired up my Blaukpundt headunit using a wiring harness from Crutchfield. I didn't even attempt to use any of the factory wires to wire my speakers. I ran all new wires for the 4 speakers. When I install my 300/4 JL Audio amp, I plan to use all new wires to hook up everything to it. So you don't need a single wire off your factory harness to hook up your amps. The wiring setup is fairly straightforward for the headunit. There are the usual power leads, ground, accesory, antenna, etc.

Search this Thread