Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

why low speed fans?

Old 06-11-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default why low speed fans?

i was about to do the fan mod and was wondering why i would want to have low speed fans on a switch controll, i mean for cooling down wouldent i just waht the high speed fan setting on .. i dont see a point to having to cut into both wires IN OTHER WORDS WHAT ADVANTAGES IF ANY ARE THERE TO WIREING UP THE LOW SPEED WIRE AND THE HIGHSPEED WIRE VERSES JUT THE HIGH SPEED WIRE are these 2 different fans or just 2 different speeds for both fans ???
Old 06-12-2005, 01:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

I assume your talking about

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=3&pcid=96

SLP's manual fan control switch allows you to turn you car's electric coolant fans on manually, yet still retain stock fan operation. If you are sitting in traffic or at the track waiting in the staging lanes between rounds, you can click on your fans early to aid in keeping your engine operating efficiently and producing as much power as possible. With a flip of a switch, the fans will resume stock operation.

Ususally used to cool your engine while your waiting in the staging lanes. I hope thats the fans your talking about.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:05 PM
11 Second Club

There are 2 fans that are wired in series or in parallel depending on the speed. Low speed is 6V and high speed is 12V. Advantage of low speed would be cool off time between runs w/o so much drain on the battery.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Junkie

good point

Search this Thread