Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Bass problems with new midrange speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Bass problems with new midrange speakers

hey i have a stock monsoon system and i blew out my midrange speakers and got them replaced at an audioshop but my bass wont go very high before it gets distorted... i just recently learned that the ohms on the stock midrange speakers are like 1 ohm each...i think the midranges i got r a little higher and thats why the bass wont go high i was wondering what i can do 2 make those midranges pound would i have 2 get a seperate amp and somehow connect them 2 the stock amp or monsoon headunit or am i just better off sayin screw it and get a new face amp and subs? even thoo i dont feel like spending all that dough or is there a way 2 tweak the monsoon amp or somethin 2 just get the bass louder or r there any midrange speakers you guys kno of that will last and blast with stock equipment bc i kinda like the red leds it matches my interior... o yea and do you know of any real nice faceplates that can play mp3 discs but have red leds or can i just switch leds on a face?
Old 07-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh god. Another post without a full keyboard and not enough periods or line feeds.

Seriously consider changing your writing style. You are not on a cell phone.

Line feeds make your prose (if it can even be called that) more readable.

Don't they teach kids how to properly structure phrases (even fragments) these days????????

With that aside, what is your budget for this project. Can you be more specific about the speakers in question?
Old 07-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Midrange speakers are the ones that just put out bass they are similar to subs they come with the car. The new ones only put out clear bass if the **** is turned about 1/4 of the way. My old midrange speakers used to be loud and worked at very high volumes. I wanted to know if you guys knew of a midrange speaker to replace the stock one and puts out alot of bass that would be best case senario or do you think that i should just upgrade my system say screw the midrange and just get new subs/amp/headunit..if a new headunit do you know of any nice ones with red leds? or can i switch the led color of a face?
Old 07-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Much better... Try some line feeds now.

So we're talking about the sail panel speakers. If I recall from the faq, the factory ones in a TA are DVC 4 ohm speakers (in parallel to produce a 2 ohm load).

All of the after market stuff will be 4 ohms, and to get any type of reasonable response/volume, they should be powered by an external amp.

Some of the infinity speakers have real high sensitivity, and don't require too much power - their new kappa stuff .7 series is 2 ohms, but it is a full range speaker.

Maybe you should just try to get a factory set of midbass similar to what was in there. The forsale forum here, and ebay is a good place to check.

I recently sold the factory midbass drivers out of my camaro on ebay. I recall seeing a few others being listed as well.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a set of factory stockies if you want em ... I am going to e-bay them if you don't want em. Also you should try getting some bass blockers for those midranges so you can crank them up without the bass distorting the midrange and treble since it seems you dont have any high pass filters any place
Old 07-29-2005, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Midrange speakers dont just put out bass. They produce mid range sounds. Midbass speakers produce bass, although only a portion of it. Subwoofers are dedicated bass producers.