Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need quick help.Wiring Indiglo gauges.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need quick help.Wiring Indiglo gauges.

Okay I thought that I was doing everything right with my indiglo gauges and I wired the positive lead from indoglo to positive on the left (cause there's two) lead on the headlight switch and my indiglo gauges are getting constant power. I tried wiring on the positive headlight lead on the right and still the same thing, it;s always on. I don't even have the keys in the ignition. I only want them to come on when my headlights turn on. I have a 1999 SS camaro. I wired the negative to the only negative lead on the headlight switch. Please help. Thanks.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

Use a electric pen and see what turns on/dims when you turn on the headlights and adjust the dimmer... Then use a relay to reverse the polarity if needed. (you get a signal from the dimmer to the relay, relay relays that signal as the correct polarity if you set it right).
Old 07-29-2005, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

your park light wire willl be a brown wire(14-16ga). If you cant easily grab it behind the switch you can get it under the dash or behind the radio. Definately
use a meter to find wire.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....1&postcount=10

You can also use the wire behind the on/off switch for the head lights
Old 07-30-2005, 02:00 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the feedback, I spliced and ran it with the brown wire which I believe is the headlight. Works great, you guys saved me a trip to the shop and some $$$.Thanks.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Brown wire isn't the headlight wire as its also got power when the swtich is set to the marker light position. its either interior dash lighting or marker/parking lights.

Search this Thread