Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Radio comes on when I close my doors

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 02:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio comes on when I close my doors

Hey guys this just started happening last night. It's on my 94 Trans Am. I'll shut off my car and the radio will stay on until the doors open like it should. When you open the doors it shuts off. While last night when I closed the doors it came back on. It has never done this before. I disconnected the battery cable today for an hour to see if it would reset the bcm. But there was no change when I hooked it back up.

Any Ideas??

Thanks!!
Old 07-30-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have heard about there being problems with sticky or failing switches in the doors of the LT1 TA's that control the retained accessory power. I believe they changed the way the switch works with the LS1. If I remember correctly all you need to do is clean the switch , possibly replace it. But maybe it is something else...
Old 07-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

I don't think it's the switches it happens with both doors. I'm going to see if I can get at the RAP module to check it out.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Okay I got to the RAP module. Being a big guy doesn't make working on cars easy by any means just getting my hand to fit up there was a PITA. I pulled it out one of the capacitors blew leaking electrolyte all over the board and it melted the box. I was thinking about trying to fix it but I think I'll try to find a used one.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I guess that would do it. Try e-bay for a used one, I bet a brand new one would cost an arm and both of your legs...
Old 08-01-2005, 01:37 AM
12 Second Club

dam if my car did that i would freak out