Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Reseting the factory remote door lock unit

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Sweet Cheeks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Reseting the factory remote door lock unit

I just replaced my BCM after having it go out on me and now my remote that locks the doors etc... won't work. Is there a certain procedure to regain the connection? I've searched "remote reset" and got nothing.

Thanks.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Here is the procedure straight from your owner's manual:
Have each transmitter you intend to match ready for the next steps. To match transmitters to your vehicle, do the following:
1. Turn the ignition key to RUN, then to OFF. This will disarm the content theft-deterrent/alarm system (if equipped).
2. Remove the RADIO fuse. This fuse is located in the main fuse block which is located on the left side of your instrument panel. The radio fuse is on the lower right-hand corner of your instrument panel. See “Fuses and Circuit Breakers” in the Index.
3. Turn the ignition key from OFF to RUN three times quickly (within five seconds). The vehicle will respond by locking the doors, unlocking the driver’s door and releasing the hatch. Your transmitter is now ready to match the vehicle. Leave the ignition in RUN.
4. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter for 15 seconds. The vehicle will respond as in Step 3.
5. Repeat Step 4 for the remaining transmitters.
6. When you have finished matching all of your transmitters, replace the RADIO fuse.
7. Check that all transmitters work by pressing the buttons.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:19 AM
Sweet Cheeks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! Thanks man.