Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Getting New System Soon - Any Opinons?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting New System Soon - Any Opinons?

I'm going to be getting part of my system for my birthday, then spending some money on my subs/amp.

Here is what I've pretty much narrowed it down to...

Head Unit: Panasonic CQ-C3301U, nice little MP3 Unit, and I can get one for under $120 bucks. Has all the features I want, and has red buttons to match the car, I was looking for something with a red face as well but couldn't find anything in my price range, I like the look of this one even with the blue face. I know some people don't like Panasonic but I've always had good experiences with them.

Speakers: 4 New Planet Audio 6.5 inch, 120 bucks for 4 new speakers, they look great and can handle some power. Getting them from Stereo Town which is the best dealer around my area.

Subwoofers: 2 JL Audio 12W1v2--4, JL's new subs to replace the W0's, I can get two for a little under 200 bucks, and I know they will be well worth it. I thought about getting a deal Stereo Town has, for 2 Planet Audio M2 12' subs, with a Big Bang Amp for 300 bucks. But I really want the JL's.

Amplifer: This is where I need some advice on, I'm thinking about a Planet Audio Big Bang 400 watt or something. But I need a good amp under 200 bucks.

Box: SubThump, Custom Box.

Tell me what you think, for a lost cost system I think it will sound pretty nice, I will have the head unit and speakers in about a month, and will probably get the rest of the system installed before winter when I park the car.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.ikesound.com They have lots of amps under $200. Refurb is even cheaper if you are swaying in that route. I suggest getting IDQs, Shivas, or Kicker Comps. The JL line below W3 isnt that great for the money. The speakers are ok I guess, just make sure you run an amp to them, and not the head unit.