Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Camaro gauges in T/A

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro gauges in T/A

Will they fit right in? Looking to dump the orange. I know I know, I could pull the whole thing out and remove the orange colored background with a paint thinner...but when I pulled it apart last time, something happened and I now have no temp or fuel gauge! No clue what happened there, but don't want the hassle.

So ...if I start looking around on E-Bay...can I buy a Camaro cluster? Thanks
Old 08-29-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

What wrong with the orange??
Old 08-29-2005, 08:37 PM

Yes just make sure its a 99-02 or it wont work.. Your gauges may have just fallen out of the holders in the back check that before you buy new ones..
Old 08-30-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1_SS
Yes just make sure its a 99-02 or it wont work.. Your gauges may have just fallen out of the holders in the back check that before you buy new ones..
Thanks man...figured it out. The gauges screw into a lock piece ...the gauges had shifted enough to make them plug into the wrong sockets on the board. Turned em back and voila. They work again.

Regardless though, I want to change the color but am nervous about pulling needles. So if someone has a cluster...or heck, wants to trade one (maybe someone with a hugger orange camaro)