Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Changing speakers, need to make sure im not wasting $$ and making a right choice

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Changing speakers, need to make sure im not wasting $$ and making a right choice

ok I have been reading the FAQs and the installs on changing the speakers and what not but im still a little confused becase people are running 4 ohm speakers at low rms but some people are saying just buy 2 ohm speakers (i think infinity makes them) but i just want to know if i am making the right choice here. Everything is factory Monsoon just want to change speakers.

I like to listen to music most of the time loud and my factory speakers are blown and I just want to replace them becase I dont have $ right now for a complete system so this is what I was gona do

Alpine SPS - 170A 6 1/2 Fronts

Rockford Fosgate RFP 4406 6.5 Sail pannels

Also the Metra 72 - 4568 speaker harness

I still havent figured out what I want for the hatch speakers but I definitly want to change them just because I just want to change them all. I just want to keep the factory look and not splice the wires up so Im getting the harness. Now I just want to know if im going in the right direction so I can order them now. Also if anyone changed those hatch speakers also, what will work.

Thanks
Old 09-07-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think the RFs are discontinued
Old 09-07-2005, 07:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

The infinties are a good choice for replacements, the factory tweeters are 4ohm since they hook up to the factory radio, so the infinity tweets will be 2ohms since they'll come with the speaker in the package. For the subs in the factory lcation, your best bet would be the Elemental Designs EU-700, you'll have fitting usues with it, the magnet will hit the metal behind it, you'll have to cut out that metal, that magnet is huge! Or you can go with the JL audio 6w0, they only make that in 4ohm's or 8ohm's though. The speakers in the back are 4ohm's, and 4".

Here some pics of it http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?...allery&cur=USD
Old 09-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Launching!

I kept my stock and just added a inline sub/speaker setup to my monsoon
Old 09-08-2005, 06:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Josh_101
The infinties are a good choice for replacements, the factory tweeters are 4ohm since they hook up to the factory radio, so the infinity tweets will be 2ohms since they'll come with the speaker in the package. For the subs in the factory lcation, your best bet would be the Elemental Designs EU-700, you'll have fitting usues with it, the magnet will hit the metal behind it, you'll have to cut out that metal, that magnet is huge! Or you can go with the JL audio 6w0, they only make that in 4ohm's or 8ohm's though. The speakers in the back are 4ohm's, and 4".

Here some pics of it http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?...allery&cur=USD
ok so for the rear deck speakers I can put in any 4 ohm speaker? and for the sail panels I will problly go with the JL just becuase I wouldnt want to do all that cutting and I would obviously want to get the 4 ohm sub. For the front what is the model # on those Infinities? I was going to ask were is the tweeter on the Camaro mounted on the speaker? Where would I want to install the new one or do I even need to install it and just replace the 6 1/2?