Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm problem

Where is the sensor for the driverside door tha tells when the doo has been closed, and handles the alarm also? When I shut my drivers door my interior lights do not go off, nor will my alarm set, I have to open and close the passenger doo to arm the alarm, and its getting annoying!
Old 09-08-2005, 06:53 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Unlike many other cars which have a separate pin switch, late model F-bodies have the switch built into the door latch mechanism.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Launching!

so what should I replace?
Old 09-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Uh, the door latch. But I would test to make sure that is the cause of the problem first. It could just need adjusting and cleaning or you could have a broken wire someplace.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Uh, the door latch. But I would test to make sure that is the cause of the problem first. It could just need adjusting and cleaning or you could have a broken wire someplace.
Any idea where all this wire runs to?
Old 09-13-2005, 07:43 AM
On The Tree

most likely the bcm
Old 09-13-2005, 07:48 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Unfortunately, it's not easy to get at. The switch in the driver's door lock mechanism has power on the gray with black wire and goes to ground when the door is open through a black wire. Both wires are part of the harness that goes through that rubber accordion tube between the front edge of the door and the door frame. The ground goes to a bolt below the A pillar behind the kick panel.

The best way to test it would be at the BCM. The gray with black wire is in position D11 of the 32-pin blue connector at the BCM (it's the only gray with black wire in that connector). It is right next to a black with white wire that does the same thing for the passenger's door. Test that the gray with black wire goes to ground when the driver's door is opened. If it does then your switch is fine. If not, check for misalignment or sticking in the door latch before replacing it.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:10 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Unfortunately, it's not easy to get at. The switch in the driver's door lock mechanism has power on the gray with black wire and goes to ground when the door is open through a black wire. Both wires are part of the harness that goes through that rubber accordion tube between the front edge of the door and the door frame. The ground goes to a bolt below the A pillar behind the kick panel.

The best way to test it would be at the BCM. The gray with black wire is in position D11 of the 32-pin blue connector at the BCM (it's the only gray with black wire in that connector). It is right next to a black with white wire that does the same thing for the passenger's door. Test that the gray with black wire goes to ground when the driver's door is opened. If it does then your switch is fine. If not, check for misalignment or sticking in the door latch before replacing it.
thanks!