Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

cd deck install

Old 09-11-2005, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cd deck install

i got all the stuff i need for it i got a kenwood cd deck how do i install myself i dont wanna pay an extra 100 for someone else to cant be that hard
Old 09-12-2005, 04:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Its not hard. If you have a camaro there is a trim ring around the outside. Carefully pop it out. You should be able to figure it out from there. Good luck
Old 09-12-2005, 04:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kanes2413
i got all the stuff i need for it i got a kenwood cd deck how do i install myself i dont wanna pay an extra 100 for someone else to cant be that hard
All the stuff? Radio, wire harness, adapter plate? Just unbolt the 4 bolts and start wiring..
Old 09-12-2005, 11:07 PM
12 Second Club

The FBody's are really easy to install stereo's(one of the easiest). Pop off the trim ring, remove the couple bolts holding in the stock stereo, unplug it and make sure you buy a wire kit to make it simple. Connect the kit to your Kenwood and plug it all in. make sure it works then mount it in the mounting kit and your done(put the metal cd mounting sleeve in the kit, bend the tabs so it is secure and slide the deck in). Depending on what Kenwood you bought it should sound great. I have a Kenwood mp922 and you can adjust the speakers size etc...Also if you want to retain steering wheel controls a pac swi-x works great.

Search this Thread