Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stock alarm randomly goes off (with aftermarket installed)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 01:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock alarm randomly goes off (with aftermarket installed)

I got Viper paging alarm installed by mobile 1. Since then sometimes when I get in the car and shut the door my stock alarm will start going off. my remote still works and the stock alarm seems to be hooked up, but it dosent arm unless I arm it using the stock remote.
the viper alarm works perfectly, but its just that maybe 1/50x i get in the stock alarm will start honking

maybe it only goes off when the viper is unlocked, and if the shock sensor goes off. But it happens so few times that I havent brought it back to mobile 1 to fix it. just wondering if anybody knows whats going on.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

Did they disarm or unhook the stock alarm system? I know the make a kit for it. Let me see if I can find it.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:57 PM
12 Second Club

im pretty sure the stock alarm is still hooked up but i shouldnt be having the problem unless i arm it, but it seems to just start going off on its own sometimes
Old 09-19-2005, 02:12 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

You should disable the factory alarm system through programming. I posted the instructions for programming the alarm here a couple of weeks ago. Enter the programming mode then set the Theft Deterrent Arming Method to 1 (OFF) to disable the alarm.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

if you lock your doors using the door button and then arm the car using the aftermarket alarm, when you disarm it the factory one will go off. That's how it is on mine. Now I know how to disable the factory one, I will do that!
Old 09-20-2005, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Im glad i found this, i had the same problem about 1 in 50 times my stock alarm would go off and i was like WTF? good to know this info.. will fix asap