Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

PG to Kicker, Where to Put it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default PG to Kicker, Where to Put it?

Hey Everyone

My PG XS-6600 bit the dust after only a couple of weeks! I installed it in the fender, nice and tucked away, but now its just eating fuses. Some warned me that it gets too hot in there, but I figured the heat protection auto-shut-off would prevent anything bad from happening, but I'm going to stay away from that spot given what happened.... so..

Im eBaying the PG as broken (I have no idea whats wrong with it) and I'm buying a Kicker 700.5 to replace it, but where the heck do I put it?

I can get the amprack from Subthump which looks nice but am concerned its too big for it, but what about on the shelf behind the back seats? How have people mounted their amps there? Does it screw threw the carpet onto the car, or is there a piece of MDF in the middle somewhere?

Input appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2005, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont screw to the carpet behind the seat, thats your gas tank, put a board behind it, or build a shelf like i did

http://community.webshots.com/user/02taws6
Old 09-23-2005, 02:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you defenately need a board under your carpet if you put it on the shelf area. i really like how methane has his done. my kx600.1 and 1 farad cap are mounted on the shelf area right now, but i plan on movin them to the back wall with the subthump rack probably