Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

4-Channel Mid-bass.......??

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 10:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4-Channel Mid-bass.......??

Ok, I blew a front right speaker in my Z. I listen to primarily Rock, I was interested in doing a 4 Channel mid bass with the rear tweeters turned down. I've seen good components that have an feature on the crossover to turn the tweeters down. I will run the fronts at regular volume. Will this sound OK? I am looking for bass response in the smaller speakers, like the bass guitar...

2nd Q...
How can I effectively eliminate the rear 4.5's in the trunk? Just disconnect them and remove the wiring?

Any good sugestions on Mid Bass Speakers... I'm thinking about Infinity's...Trying to stay all Infinity.. I have dual 12.1 Purfect 12's in the trunk.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:17 PM
Staging Lane

Default ???

I am having a hard time understanding you.... Do you want to eliminate your rear fill all together, and use those channels of the FACTORY amp to run something else?? Be a little more specific and I am sure we can help you.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Veteran

I have dual Infinity Purfect 12.1D's in that back w/ a Subthump.com T-Top Box and a Cadence 500 watt amp. I want to eliminate the rear 3.5's, or whatever, (trunk Stockers) in order to allow more power to go to the other speakers (and they're useless- I think). Again, I blew a RF speaker. I like Rock and metal, so I was thinking that mabie an all mid-bass component speaker setup would work good to get good bass response out of the smaller speakers...
Old 10-11-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Veteran

??...?
Old 10-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Launching!

Are you still using the Monsoon amp? If so there are a lot of good midbass speakers you could put in the door and in the rear sailpanels, and then get an aftermarket tweeter for the door. Then run them off the same power as the stock speakers were using.
I've been thinking about doing exactly this and I've been looking at Elemental Designs, JL Audio, and Image Dynamics for speakers. Just haven't made up my mind what to do yet.
Not sure about the Infinity stuff though. I've heard good things about the reference and kappa series components, but also that you can get better speakers for the money.
If you want to get rid of the rear speakers just disconnect them, I did. I don't like having rear fill at all as I'd prefer to keep the soundstage up front.
But eliminating those speakers won't necessarily get you more power to any of the other speakers.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can disconnect the rear speakers. But I can't believe you will get any more power out of the other 4 channels. As for mid-bass, I like Image Dynamics CX62's. I plan on using those to replace my stock sail panel speakers.