Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Static with radio off...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Static with radio off...

I have a 2001 SS vert with a monsoon system. I noticed the R/F speaker was real distorted and figured it to be blown which I haven't gotten around to replacing. Now I notice static coming out of both the front and rear right speaker when the radio is off. It is not consistant but rather it seems to happen when I hit a bump. Has anyone run into this or have any idea what it could be?
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer...
Old 10-05-2005, 07:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr_Sea
I have a 2001 SS vert with a monsoon system. I noticed the R/F speaker was real distorted and figured it to be blown which I haven't gotten around to replacing. Now I notice static coming out of both the front and rear right speaker when the radio is off. It is not consistant but rather it seems to happen when I hit a bump. Has anyone run into this or have any idea what it could be?
Mine did that right before the monsoon amp caught on fire.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Teching In

Thanks... I feel much better now... lol
Old 10-06-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Apparently the amp isn't shutting off. I'm not entirely sure if it supposed to or not. I rarely have the head unit off, so I haven't noticed it on my 2002.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr_Sea
I am having this same issue - static from the left rear sail panel speaker after a bump, sometimes when I appy the brakes, someimes on a r/h turn - all with the radio off? I checked the wiring from the speaker to the harness under the dash but nothing apparent - any clues????