Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

electronic expertise needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electronic expertise needed!!

I have a 96 camaro with Bose stereo. I installed a new head unit, and to make the sound come out of the speakers, I had to connect the power ant. wire. I was refered to do this by another tread on here. It worked great to get the music playing. but now i have static coninuously coming from the speakers when on radio mode. No alteration of tune. When I switch it to CD player it disapears, and comes on again when the cd part is turned off. I checked all wires, re did all of them and no luck, checked all grounds, and redid them as well. Still nothing, Any suggestions?thanks
Danny
Old 10-15-2005, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This might fix it not sure but it is worth a shot. You need to disconnect the power antenna wire and hook the Blue wire (or remote wire) in the place of the power ant. cable. The reason you wasn't hearing any music before is because the bose speakers have a amp on each speaker and you have to have a signal wire to turn them on. That is what the remote wire is for. That should clear up the static
Old 10-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Teching In

tried it out this morning. still has static, and when the cd player is on, no sound, so i switched it back to the other way. thanks for the try though. any one else, have a helpfull hint?
Old 10-16-2005, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

Did you use a antenna adapter, to change the small delco antenna connector to the larger standard size?
Old 10-17-2005, 07:19 AM
Teching In

i used the antenna adapeter or extender. The end did look quite a bit bigger the the original one did. Can this affect it? thanks
Old 10-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Teching In

any one have an idea?
i messed around to day, and it is only on the left side, front and rear
thanks

Quick Reply: electronic expertise needed!!