Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

new speakers, amp, head unit and changer...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new speakers, amp, head unit and changer...

im going to replace everything (monsoon stuff went kaput). Im having some problems getting all the wiring out of there. i just kinda went in cold turkey (dont this before on a few other cars but not a gm).

I want to remove everything and just rewire it. i haven't found a write up of anyone doing so though.

can anyone atleast give me an idea of what im getting myself into. i have everything on the entire, removed and ready to start, im going to start on the passenger side, can i just cut out all the wiring since im going to be starting fresh?

lemme know
Travis
Old 10-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best advice, leave all the factory wiring in place. Run the new stuff along side the old.

When you go to get rid of the car you will have better resale value with unbutchered wiring.

Just use a wiring harness adapter for the HU wiring. Tuck everything else out of the way...
Old 10-16-2005, 08:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the statement above. Leave the factory stuff just run your new wires and dont look back.