Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Want to get rid of antenna...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to get rid of antenna...

...and mold over the hole in the body and paint it and stuff to make it look smooth. I've been hearing stuff about antennas you can stick to your rear windows like a small sticker with no actual antenna, does anyone know how much these cost and where to buy? Links appreciated!
Old 10-17-2005, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've seen those antenas you're talking about, but the ones I've seen go inside the front windshield.

I just took off my antenna weeks ago and put on a vaccum cap on the threads for now. I plan on putting an electric antenna later on or completly remove the exterior antenna piece and fill in the hole.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a 2000 z28 and I just put the power antenna from a Pontiac on, and I love it. So nice when its done.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No offense meant by this, but to me it's just more unecessary weight adding that motor... ttt for someone to help me find one of those "window antenna" things....
Old 10-18-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

like the antenna weighs that much to make much of a difference. the way i see it is that its just more stuff to break. in my first car (89 honda accord) i actually got bored and went to pepboys and found the window antenna wire you were talking about and ended up shaving the power antenna. its pretty easy but the reception was noticably worse.