Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Want pioneer navigation

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Want pioneer navigation

I want the pioneer avid n2 and was wondering will this work because of the factory alarm on the radio? I am planning on installing this and 2 amps in the back for some aftermarket speakers.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Assuming you have a Camaro or Firebird, you don't have to worry about the factory alarm. Some of the newer GM models have the alarm and other electronics built into the radio but our cars have the alarm in the BCM - the radio is just a radio.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

itll work fine, GM theftlock only locks the factory radio when u pull it out, there are forums out there that will give an explanation to get the code for it , so nothing will be lost if u wanted to reuse the factory unit. I have an N1 im looking to get rid of in perfect working condition and no scratches whatsover on it for 1200$ + shipping if ur interested.

Its the same thing as N2 except I cant add on Nav traffic through xm and I can play video while driving by simply grounding 1 brake wire.