Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Radar/Laser Scramblers and Detectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Radar/Laser Scramblers and Detectors

Hello to all,
Does anyone have any data feed back on Radar Jammers/Scramblers?

I dont want to know if you own one, thats your business.
But I do wish to buy one for my use in SUnny California.
I live near Sacramento and wish to Buy a MIRT in the near future and also desire to own and use a Radar/Laser Scrambler for educational purposes only...

So any data on them would be great..such as model and or if the darn things actually work..etc

Thanks
Old 10-20-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont own one but from everythign i've been told they do not work on scrambling radar or laser guns... they did something to test these on Myth Busters once too and nuthing they tested prevented the laser from getting a good reading...
Old 10-20-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by tt2000z28
Hello to all,
Does anyone have any data feed back on Radar Jammers/Scramblers?

I dont want to know if you own one, thats your business.
But I do wish to buy one for my use in SUnny California.
I live near Sacramento and wish to Buy a MIRT in the near future and also desire to own and use a Radar/Laser Scrambler for educational purposes only...

So any data on them would be great..such as model and or if the darn things actually work..etc

Thanks
EDIT: There are "active" jammers (not rocky mountain radar or the phazer one you hear on the radio) that have been successful. But these are big bulky radio transmitters and are QUITE illegal and easily detectable. This changed since my last reading of the web site listed below.

----------

NO. They DO NOT work. We tested one with one of the roadsign speedmeasurement things and it did nothing. The manufacturer gave us some line of crap that the design of the roadside construction radar is different than cop radar, B.S.!!!

Rocky Mountain Radar has been sued more than once for selling a product that does nothing.

Check this site (A MUST READ):

http://www.radarjammer.com/

There's a guy who has offered $5000 to ANYONE who shows that a radar jammer works:

(edit: PASSIVE jammer)

http://www.radarjammer.com/get-5000/index.htm

Last edited by mk3cn4; 10-20-2005 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

the problem with "passive jamming" is it first has to receive a signal in order to operate then and only then can it first process then phase shift the signal in a manner in which confuses the source radar then transmit out the signal to the source radar to do said jamming. In the time it takes to do all this (milli-seconds mind you) the source radar has already received and processed several unmolestered waveforms and processed then and sent an initial reading ... or 2 to the display. Can you spell … B U S T E D!?!?

Kind of like the radar detectors themselves, if yours goes off and you were the target of the radar gun you were busted before the first beep! It’s just giving you a heads up that a ticket is fourth coming. If someone else was the target ... you might have a second or 2 to get under the posted speed limit or within 6 or so MPH.

About the only thing passive jamming is good for is defeating enemy radar where Aircraft (migs, ect) and SAM's (surface to air missiles) are concerned. We're pretty good at foolin them but you still have the initial "yep I'm right here" to get past then you molest (modulate the signal) their transmission and give it back to them just a little more powerful