Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

please post pics of custom amp mounts...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 12:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please post pics of custom amp mounts...

Hello.

I am looking for ideas for placing two JL Audio slash amps. I want to stay away from the rear deck lid...as eveyone mounts them there. I would like to see some custom installs if you guys/girls wouldn't mind posting some pics.

Thanks

*i had an idea of possible trying to mount them in the sail panels, one on each side...but i haven't yet figured out how I'd do it!*
Old 10-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Launching!

I dont have any pics but I have my Amp mounted on the back wall of the trunk down in the T top hole... I can still store my t tops down there too...

it works great
Old 10-23-2005, 07:34 PM
Launching!

check out post in the thread at the top of this forum...
Old 10-23-2005, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, i looked in there...but didn't really see anything i liked. I know alot of people use the rear deck...but i wanted something a little more stealthy, but still visable...i dunno...it's hard for me to explain what i am looking for....but i love the way something like a Ford Focus you can make an entire new "floor" in the trunk and mount the amps in there, like this...

(even those those two are of a Vette...)

Old 10-23-2005, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why not just fabricate a "false floor" on top of the hump right behind the rear seats that either have removable panels that allow you to see the amps when you want, and keep them hidden the rest of the time, or just a "lid" above them that lets you see them when you lift up on it, but covers them up the rest of the time? carpeted to the factory color specs, of course....
Old 10-24-2005, 11:57 AM
TECH Resident

What about making a "floor" a little higher than the stock rear deck, but making it so it runs the lenghth of the deck...so you would have to cut the speaker trim parts up a little to let the "floor" pass under...that way it would look like it was supposed to be there? Any thoughts?
Old 10-24-2005, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

never finished it. not show quality but different. oh not stealthy either but figured id share it again
Old 10-24-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

Okay...here is what i have come up with, let me know what you think.

I would like to see if i could mount two JL Audio 500/1 and 300/4 amps behind the flip down rear seat. What i would like to do is mount the amps behind the seat on the "wall" then allow the seat to come up and attach like stock. I would have to cut relief holes in the rear seat back to allow the seat back to sit flush with the "wall" like it does stock. I would have to cut two large holes into the back of the seats to allow the amps to sit inside the seat back while the seat is in the up position. This way the amps are hidden during everyday use....but if someone wants to see the amps, all i would have to do is flip down the seat and there are the amps...

What do you think? Dumb? Intersteing? Impossible? I know it would make for a very uncomfortable back seat...but they are not used anyway...and i think there is no way of making it look good if you take them out...

Tell me what you think...
Old 10-24-2005, 11:23 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds good. Gonna have to get the amps some air though. Cooling.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

do what I did, build them in the seat. http://www.mobius1.net/gallery/galle...s.php?album=18