Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

What do you guys think about the Alpine CDA-9855?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 05:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What do you guys think about the Alpine CDA-9855?

I hate my stock monsoon head unit. The display messed up all the time. It's missing buttons and worse of all. It skips ALL the time. So I'm seriously considering buying a Alpine CDA-9855. i just had a few questions.

Do any of you own it? How do you like it? Does it skip often?

and where can I get that 10 speaker adapter and the wire thing that allows me to retain my steering wheel controls.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Welcome to ls1tech

It looks to be a great player for the price
heres a pic for people that havent seen it

Old 10-24-2005, 08:01 AM
Teching In

Mmmmm sexy. That picture makes me want it more . I've always kind of browsed around here but never posted. I frequented at ls1.com but now that it's closed I guess this is my new home.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:51 AM
Launching!

I don't have one, but one of my good friends does... and he loves it. I haven't heard any complaints about it yet. Also out of all the ones that I have sold, only one has ever come back, and that was because the woman was worried about crashing while trying to play with all the features.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:24 AM
Teching In

Default 9855

They are clean, when running a proccessor for 5.1 you can downlaod what they call i-personalized settings to configure the imaging..its a hit or miss type process....The only drawback from when I had it it has presets, unlike the 9851 which I had or the IVA-D310 which I am about to install..I beleive Apline has fixed the slide down face mechanism which tended to "lock-up" but it is a very nice unit...I really like the 1 bit dac ofcoarse for sound quality...
Old 10-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Teching In

I heard the sound quality is amazing. But a lot of people didn't like the slider feature. It's very difficult to use while driving they said.

I was basicly going to get it anyways. But i like to hear peoples opinons. I'm going to go to a local custom shop and check it out for sure sometime tomorrow.

I'm going to keep all my stocker components and disconnect the sail panel speakers. Get a v12 and 2 12" type-s'. I really want allunimum eclipses. I just can't afford it . I'm only 17 haha.