Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Channel cutting out

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Channel cutting out

My girlfriend's left front channel of her stereo cuts in and out at random when playing cd's. She said that she doesn't notice this problem when listening to the tuner. I suspect the head unit is the problem, but wondered if anyone else had any theories. It is a BOSE head unit and I would like to exhaust all other possibilities before breaking the bank on a new one.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it is ONLY happening playing CD's and not happening playing the tuner, it has to be something wrong with the head unit. Nothing else in the system could tell the difference in which feature you were using.

Is it possible that the problem is just not as blatant when listening to the tuner. Given the higher sound quality from CD vs. broadcast radio, I can see your GF just not noticing the tuner cutting out as easily.

If the second scenario is the case, it is also possible that the problem is in the wiring harness or the amplifier, if there is one.