Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Gouged?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Gouged?

I paid an install shop to have my Clarion DXZ945MP cd player installed with Maptecj's SS bezal as well as to put in some Alpine SPS 170s to replace the blown subs. I purchased everything the site said I needed...the antenna afapter and metra harness so the guy wouldnt have to use his materials and it was 110$ installed. After about an hour of listening to my new stereo I noticed something sounded 'different'. It turns out that the subs behind the doors werent working. Well I went up to the shop and the guy contacted monsoon and said that they dont make the adapter plug he needs. He says he needs to rehook up the factory unit...find which wires power the subs and then redo that with my deck-to the tune of another 45$. Is this an honest mistake or do I have a right to be angry as this seems like gouging? I provided directions on how to hook up the Alpines and he seemed knowledgable with that so wouldnt it be safe to assume he would know to wire up the subs as well? Isnt it his job to make sure im getting the same sound I was getting before I dropped my car off? Thanks for any help.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone?
Old 11-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the realm of installs and custom work, that isn't too bad at all. That is maybe about 1-2 hours of work he is charging you for on the sub. I wouldn't worry about it as long as a $100 fee doesn't come shooting out after it is finished.

I would ask him to figure why they don't work before re-wiring the entire car though...

Last edited by Divergent Lightning; 11-08-2005 at 08:59 PM.