Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Front door speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front door speakers?

Just wondering if I could squeeze in a speaker if I take off the cover on the front door? I've talked to a lot of people that said the proper way to do it is to take off the whole door panel but I hate to do that unless I have to. What do you guys think?
Old 11-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Launching!

It really isn't that hard to take the door panels off... plus you will be less likely to screw into the surround... as far as being able to fit a speaker through the hole... not sure...
Old 11-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Ls1tech Bad Ass

yea.. i wouldnt recommend it. lol. probably could be done, but IMO its just easier to take the whole thing off and do it right
Old 11-08-2005, 12:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MountainMotor
Just wondering if I could squeeze in a speaker if I take off the cover on the front door? I've talked to a lot of people that said the proper way to do it is to take off the whole door panel but I hate to do that unless I have to. What do you guys think?
You can't squeeze it through the square hole behind the speaker panel, but you can just pry up the lower corner of the door panel (not the whole thing) and get the speaker while attached to its black plastic mount out from behind the panel by going towards the ground when taking it out. But you must be extremely careful because you run the danger of damaging the speaker due to the plastic hook that holds the panel on. It can also be difficult to get to the 7mm screws. I don't recommend this by any means, I have done it before, and it is a way to cut corners. So can it be done? Yes. Should it be done? Probably not. I'm just one of those dumbasses who can never seem to get the door panel back on *exactly* right so I kind of do it my own way.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

dude just take the door off, takes less than 5 minutes.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:06 PM
TECH Resident

Yea, I guess I'll just take the door panel off, proabably the smart thing to do then. Thanks guys
Old 11-08-2005, 11:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got the door panel loose and was able to put it in that way, didnt have to take it all the way off
Old 11-08-2005, 11:19 PM
Teching In

you can squeeze it in but if you are putting in components (which i highly recommend) you will need to takeoff the panel to get to the stock tweeter to pull it out and put your new one in