Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Best looking Sirius (or XM) receiver for our cars?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best looking Sirius (or XM) receiver for our cars?

I've been in the market for a sat. radio receiver for my Z28. It seems like everything out there is just some flimsy little 90's-looking box with scrolling one-color text. Also way too many installs I've seen look like a cheesy afterthought and our cars don't really have a logical mounting spot. I don't understand why they don't just make a double din HU that puts a screen where the Monsoon goes totally integrating the radio's features and the sat. channel options into one nice looking unit. Also a lot of my searches bring up only very old outdated threads. Is there an option out there that looks presentable? Any pics of recent installs on the stuff that's in the stores now?
Old 11-17-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

do you have a factory head unit still...? if so then honestly there are no really great "looking" units. some will work very well though and have cool features...
unfortunately though for the most part they are going to look out of place...
Old 11-18-2005, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes I still have the factory HU. I was hoping to give my whole system an upgrade so the plan was to get a new HU the same time I got on the satellite radio boat. But I was under th impression even with a "compatable" deck that you still needed one of those receivers.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:37 PM
TECH Resident

yes but the recievers are little boxes that stay hidden, you read and controll all satellite controls from the HU itself