Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

MTX THUNDERFORM AMP. SUB. & CUSTOM BOX

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MTX THUNDERFORM AMP. SUB. & CUSTOM BOX

just curious if any body is using this sub/amp combo on custom box sold by ws6 store? how is sound? quality?
any help would be appreciated .

thanks
fuerzaws6
Old 11-20-2005, 07:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a thread I was looking at, I believe on ls2.com, that said it was not too bad. All the audiophiles told the guy he was crazy, but he said he's just an average guy and it sounded good to him...thats all I got
Old 11-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually just took one out of my car...it was a pretty good sub for what it was. I had someone install it once upon a time, which was my biggest mistake. I had alternator whine like crazy since the power cable and the patch cables were run down the same side of the car. I did the speaker level inputs instead, and it worked fine, but the amp wasn't turning off and it drained my battery 2 times before I figured it out.

I just replaced it with an MB Quart 2-ohm DVC sub (10" in a Subthump stealth enclosure), and the MB is much tighter. The MTX tended to be a bit more "boomy" if that makes sense. Good for rap, but not great for sound quality.

The box is really good quality though...made from plastic, and fits like it should. I wasn't a big fan of the press-in front cover for it though...kinda cheesy, and never fit right.