Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

My new speakers are great

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 08:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My new speakers are great

Thanks to the many that did a lot of trial and error out there! I went with the Infinitys and I think they sound superb! Well atleast compared to the Monsoon (Frnts) that I had. My left door speaker went out and after reading thread after thread I decided to go w/ these. Dave Matthews Band sounds so much better now. Thanks guys!
I have Stock Monsoon everything but
Infinitys in the front
JL stealth box in the back
JL amp for the sub
Nothing over kill but a lot better. Im going to have to do this to my other Camaro when I get back to the states.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:13 AM
12 Second Club

Nice, I am getting ready to buy some Infinity 62.7i's. Did you just wire up the 6 1/2 to the Monsoon wires without a crossover and use the crossover supplied for the tweeter? I've even thought about buying 2 sets and using the 6 1/2 for the back seat 6 1/2's and using the back 4 inch spots and wiring the tweeter with crossover off that and mount them to the back seat area somewhere.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Glad to see they worked out for you.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:43 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by rotwiler
Nice, I am getting ready to buy some Infinity 62.7i's. Did you just wire up the 6 1/2 to the Monsoon wires without a crossover and use the crossover supplied for the tweeter? I've even thought about buying 2 sets and using the 6 1/2 for the back seat 6 1/2's and using the back 4 inch spots and wiring the tweeter with crossover off that and mount them to the back seat area somewhere.
I wired them in w/o the crossovers. I am a little worried about the no xovers but I dont slam my music so I think it will be ok. One thing I noticed is that the fronts seem louder then the rears so I may have to upgrade those now. Just keep in mind im not tryiing to win any shows. I like balanced clear sound. The super boom boom days for me are over.