Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Re-wiring the entire car . If you know the wiring in and out for a F-car please read

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Re-wiring the entire car . If you know the wiring in and out for a F-car please read

I'm converting my 94 Z to turbocharged LS1 . In the process of taking this car apart ( its now to a bare shell ) , I found the prior owner to be the most careless idiot ever to wire anything . This car is so hacked I decided to replace the entire body harness . Thats where I need to advice . Since Im going to a LS1 I just wanted to transplant the entire body harness out of a 99-02 , dash , guages and all . That would make the swap part easy . But . The things Im not using are numerous . No ABS , NO airbags , traction control , emissions , and Im going to be using a FAST pcm instead of the stocker . Would I be opening up a bigger can of worms trying to just use like a universal 18 circuit painless body harness as opposed to ridding the stock harness of all the stuff Im not using ( or what I dont want ....leaving lots of dangling connectors ) Im good at wiring , I can read skematics and understand them , but I dont really know how to create my own circuits . Like for instance , I think I would have trouble figuring out how to work the EFI stuff into a universal harness . Any insight or comments ?