Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Some One Who Knows The Stock System Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some One Who Knows The Stock System Help!!

i have a 1998 camaro z28 ...the factory system...everytime i try to play a cd the head unit reads "ERR" (ERROR)... and u have to keep puttin it back in and playing with it like literally 40 times before it accepts it..then u pull the disk out and its all scratched to **** from the head unit? wtf is goin on..should i buy a head unit cleaner or is there a reset button..i no im not the only one with this problem..help help help..before i punch the **** out of it.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I doubt that will help. Sounds like a mechanical problem with cd loader. You might be able to take it apart and fix it if your handy with that sort of stuff. Worst case,you buy a new HU anyway. lol

Percussive Maintenance Techniques (punching the **** out of it) is unlikely to resolve the issue. But might make you feel better.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah just buy one from somebody, a lot of people sell off their stock system when they replace it with aftermarket stuff...