Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Can someone help me make this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone help me make this?

http://www.installer.com/photos/pxp01.jpg

i want this contraption so bad! i have a stereo rca to headphone plug cable that i use right now that lets me listen to my ipod in my car, but now the ipod is more like a dedicated car-harddrive or cd changer and never leaves, and i always end up running the battery out.. so i want to use the connector to power it and send the signals to stereo rca. anyone done this? i would really like to be able to get my hands on this without paying 60 bucks plus tax and shipping...

i took apart my firewire connector and the pins are WAY too small for me to be able to do anything to with my soldering gun, i would seriously like solder 3-5 of them together with any given blob of liquid metal... any ideas???
Old 12-13-2005, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used a belkin cig lighter piece that has the headphone jack in the lighter plug base, along with a seperate volume control, I just cracked the case & hardwired to a switched power source. everything out of sight, ipod in the console. I did a few more things to it, but that by itself will do what you need it to.