Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help me pick out speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 12:36 AM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me pick out speakers

I have a Alpine 9847 head unit. Its got 18rms I believe, and I would like to replace the front speakers, and the speakers in the back seats. I hear that I might as well tear out those rear speakers, they suck.

I plan on getting the speakers first, and keeping it that way for a while. But I do want to run amps and possibly a 3 10 subthump box. So want to help me out with that selection too? I think I will need 3 amps, since I have three rca's on the back of the head unit, front, rear, and bass.

Moneys a object, but if it comes down to it, I wouldnt mind spending money if I cant possibly get something decent for less.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:59 AM
Shirley Temple Drinker

BTW Its got a factory tape deck now. If that means anything about the wireing or anything.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

there are 2 ways of doing this.....

Option 1: Replace the front speaker with 2 or 3 way 6 1/2 and the Sail speakers with a 2 way and run it off the head unit. This is by far the cheapest way sound quilty "might" be better than what you have now. If you run the 3 10's with this set up the bass will drown it out, which will make you tune tune the bass so you can hear the words.

Option 2: Put a set of componets up front and a decent 2 way in the rear and amp them. you can use a 4 channel amp or save alittle money and get a 2 channel amp. This will sound 100Xs better that what you have but will also cost twice as much as the first option.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:17 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

All kinda greet to me ^

But thanks anyways lol.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

well what are you wanting to do, just replace the interior speakers and run them off the head unit or add an amp to run your mids and highs. This will make a huge difference in the way you want to go.