Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need Help!!! Going Crazy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 01:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!!! Going Crazy!!!

so i was taking the face plate off to replace a bulb that went out...and when i put it back together...everything had gone to hell!!! ...basically it still plays the radio and cds...but none of the face controls work...and there is no light on other than the clock...and all of the sound comes outta the pass. front ...but when i pull on the bottom of the face plate the sound moves to the driver rear.... PLEASE HELP!!!!!

and thnx in advance...

Last edited by RICEBURNER; 12-20-2005 at 04:13 AM.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

anyone?!? ttt
Old 12-20-2005, 08:52 AM
On The Tree

wow, the only thing that connects the faceplate to the rest of the radio is the ribbon cables ... you either didn't get them seated fully or there's a button that's not seated properly and is constantly being mashed. Try taking it back apart and making sure all the buttons are seated right and the robbions are fully seated and not in crooked ... or backwards but you would have had to force and probably break part of the connector to get it in backwards
Old 12-21-2005, 01:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

i didnt dismantle the face plate...just removed it from the rest of the deck...and i tried to fiddle w/ the ribbon and nothing worked....i might just take it to car toys and see if they cant fix it.....
Old 12-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Ls1tech Bad Ass

yea, get some outside help... just from reading i have NO idea how that happened, i'd have to look at it to troubleshoot... good luck, tho
Old 12-23-2005, 01:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

well, me and my friend are going to try and troubleshoot it over the weekend(tearing his engine apart anyways)...so we will see what happens....if we get it fixed i will be sure to post up what went wrong....