Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Running the power wire

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Running the power wire

I'm getting a sub and im running the wires for the amp right now. but im having trouble with the power wire to the battery. What's the best way to run it? i heard if you pull out the computer there is a hole in the firewall but i couldn't get it out it was just crammed in there. it seemed a little tight. any pointers... Thanks
Old 12-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My power wire does just that...I did the !wire mod at the same time. So it goes from the battery terminal, under the fender, out just in front of the PCM, and snakes to the outside of the computer (to the left of it as you are looking at it). The PCM comes out pretty easy, you just need to turn it 90 degrees clockwise (I think) as you are pulling it out.

This was a 4 ga. power cable, but it wasn't a tight squeeze at all. Once you have the PCM out, you'll see the rubber grommet on the firewall.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

That is what I do on all F-bodies, I just us the longer screw you get from Car Toys or where ever connect the power there ran it though the whole in the fire wall behind the PCM and done.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

I didn't pull out the PCM when I ran my wire but I did run it from inside the car out to the engine bay so it made it easier