Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

speaker help

Old 12-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default speaker help

Ok I have a 2001 SS Camaro, with the Monsoon Stereo System. All of my speakers are working, Except the mid speakers (beside the buckets in the back). There is no power getting to the speakers but both of the speakers are in good condition. I beleive it is the amp that has gone out or something. Could you guys give me your opinion, and a solution to the problem, I would really like to keep the monsoon sound system..

Thanks, Caleb
Old 12-25-2005, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No power to the speakers at all?

hehe.. not to be condescending, but they're not faded out on the HU are they

If it is the monsoon amp that is fried, there are used ones that pop up on the FS section and sometimes on eBay also.

Used sail panel speakers go for 50-60$ typically too used if for some reason it was the speakers.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good advice, Ranger...I just repl. all of the Monsoon 2 ohm speakers(mainly, due to one of the door spks. being blown) including, the 4in hatch spks., in my Z28. In favor of, a JBL 4 ohm(70w rms/270 peak) speaker system(uitilizing the Monsoon amp to some degree) to go w/ the Pioneer AM/FM/XM HU.

Soooooo, now the Monsoons are on the f/s block and I had no idea what they were worth.

Hey, can you tell me if, the rear seat speaker are ones w/ the double set of connectors or the single set of connections???

Thanks,
Don
Old 12-25-2005, 07:09 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think single?? (only 2 wires)

Search this Thread