Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Infinity Kappa Install?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 07:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Infinity Kappa Install?

I finally bought the Kappas for the doors, but now I'm not sure of the best way to hook them up. I've asked a couple of people how they wired them, and everyone's done them differently. So how about some input. My system is stock. Here's the options that people have suggested:

1.) Wire them just like factory since they do have seperate terminals for the sub & tweet. (don't know if the head unit will blow the tweets or not??)

2.) Wire them like factory but with a bass blocker in line to the tweet. (or use the crossover supplied on just the tweet side??)

3.) Run both the tweet & sub off the amp and use the supplied crossover. (don't know if the amp filters out the highs, or if there's enough power to push both??)

Obviously I don't know much about this stuff, so any assistance would be much appreciated!

Last edited by FL01SS; 12-26-2005 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:22 AM
TECH Regular

Anybody??
Old 12-27-2005, 07:38 AM
Staging Lane

About the Monsoon speakers

Try using this link. It came out of the sticky(FAQ 'bout Monsoon, actually, it was another link w/i the sticky) @ the top of the main page. But, it does cover the hook up of the midbass and the tweeters. Where the midbass is tied into the amp. While the tweeters just tie into the HU. But, it does make mention to mark/note the wiring arrangement on the stock speakers wiring. Before you cut any of the wires from the stock speakers.

Later,
Don
Old 12-27-2005, 08:30 AM
TECH Regular

I've read all the info on the system, I just don't know what would be the best way to wire these.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

I installed the kappas in my formula, little different set-up, but I think it's similiar. The factory amp has built in crossovers, so you should just be able to hook up the wires from the old speakers in the same config. Mark the wires before you clip them, and hook up the ones that went to the tweeter to the new tweeter and the wires from the woofer to the new woofer.
You should watch your volume levels, cause the kappas are 2 ohm, at least mine are, and I think the Factory tweets are 4 ohm. As I said I have the 2 ohm kappas in my car and have had no problems as of yet. Just be careful I have heard others on the site say you risk burning a channel on your H/U.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here arm my friends: The doors come in 2oms and that back 4 speakers are 4omes: and i hooked his up the same way you did your above

got the Infinitys They are a 2 Ohm design speakers here it is... If anyone wants to use pics for How2 site go for it

Old wire setup

New wire setup

Old 12-28-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

Wired mine up like that today and they sound great. A LOT better than factory!
Old 12-28-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i keep having people telling me that is was wrong way to do it... So how come it sounds Wayyyyyyyy better then stock if it is wrong