Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

PIE GM9-AUX Monsoon Adaptor Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 05:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PIE GM9-AUX Monsoon Adaptor Troubles

For my 1995 Trans Am, I bought a year 2000 monsoon head unit and a PIE GM9-AUX adaptor so I can play my Ipod. The head unit seems to work perfectly but when I press "CD/PLAY" for the Auxilliary Input, the display reads "CD 1 TRACK 1" (Just like the instructions say I should see). I hook up the Ipod using an RCA adaptor and I don't hear anything. I turned the volume up and down on the Ipod and nothing happens. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm hoping you guys can help....

Played with it a little more this morning. I get "E33" after about 30 seconds when I'm waiting to hear from the Aux In.

Last edited by jkichline; 12-30-2005 at 06:11 AM. Reason: New info
Old 12-30-2005, 11:59 AM
12 Second Club

If this is the adapter I'm thinking of you NEED to have a CD changer hooked up to make it work. I don't have a CD changer in my car so this adapter wouldn't do me any good without spending even more money for a CD changer.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GETGONE
If this is the adapter I'm thinking of you NEED to have a CD changer hooked up to make it work. I don't have a CD changer in my car so this adapter wouldn't do me any good without spending even more money for a CD changer.
The adapter I have specifically states that it will work only if you disconnect the CD changer. I also have the other one that you're talking about. The PAC AAI-GM9 needs to have an active auxilliary slave unit.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by GETGONE
Nope.
The GM9-AUX can work with or without the factory CD Changer. It has a pass-though, but I dont have the factory CD-Changer anyway so I cant confirm that the pass-through works.

I've run into lack-of-sound problems with mine twice.
(both times the headunit lost power and "forgot" how to talk to the GM9-AUX)

Try this:
* Disconect the GM9-AUX.
* Disconect the heaunit from the car.
* Wait a couple minutes.
* If the headunit has been locked with the TheftLoc feature, then you will have to bypass it.
* Reconnect the headunit the way its supposed to be and test it (including CD features).
* Turn everything off and reconnect the GM9-AUX and connect the aux device (in this case an IPOD) to it.
* Turn on the headunit and IPOD.
* Push the "CD/Play" button to switch to the IPOD
* Wait a minute or two. It should start working.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:52 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks man!
I actually got it to work over the weekend (by accident). I was testing some old head units so I can sell them on Ebay. When I hooked up the new stuff again, it started working. I was just about to return the adaptor to the guy I bought it from. But it looks like I'm good to go now. I finally got what I wanted. Now if only I could get a day without rain, snow, or ice, I could test it out on the road!

Quick Reply: PIE GM9-AUX Monsoon Adaptor Troubles