Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

For those with the IPOD 2 Car (aux-pod)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 03:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default For those with the IPOD 2 Car (aux-pod)

Got some questions for you. Are you able to play playlists with this or are you only able to play the entire library? I'm probably going to get the adapter but was wondering if I would be able to play playlists and if so how do you choose them? Sometimes I feel like listening to a certain genre of music and wouldnt really wanna keep pressing the next button until a particular type of song came up. Another question, if later I were to get an aftermarket headunit would this adapter still work? I'd probably have to pick up a different wiring harness for it but is it going to be compatible?
Old 01-06-2006, 04:25 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to create your playlist on your I-Pod and then select it when it is hooked up to your car. It will play the songs on the playlist randomly.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright so you can still use the onboard ipod controls while its plugged in? thats cool, i didnt even think that was possible. On my friends setup his ipod goes into this alpine screen when its hooked up to his aftermarket stereo and it was only controllable through the radio when it was hooked up.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:00 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You still have manual control of the I-Pod. I am learning as I go. Really enjoy using it in my car. I am thinking of creating more playlists. This way I can play certain songs without having to skip all the time.