Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Equalizer adjustment...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equalizer adjustment...

ok guys...hope this doesn't sound too stupid but here goes. I recently bought my 02' Ram Air and I'm not too familiar with the equalizer and all that stuff. I'm not big on the stereo stuff and anything of that nature. So my question is, how do you guys have your equalizer curve set that sounds best considering that everything audio wise is stock in my car? Pictures and suggestions greatly appreciated...thanks again
Old 01-15-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Regular

its pretty simple once you understand what all the different frequencies are, i basically looked at it with the first few (towards the driver side and working over) are for bass, the middle few are just mids, and the last few are the highs, i usually made a curve that resembled a smile and adjusted it from their, so to start i would just make a slight curve and adjust it based on your own tastes in sound and music, hope this helps
Old 01-15-2006, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

could anyone possibly post some pictures of a few examples of their equalizer curves? i know this may sound like a stupid question but i'm just not famliar with equalizers...thanks again
Old 01-16-2006, 02:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Most people make it look like a flattened V shaped pattern.

If I were you I would just tune it the way you like it.
The best way to learn is to push all the slides down and push each one up one by one to hear what each one is doing. Then just play around with it to customize it to your liking.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:16 AM
TECH Resident

what they said... mine looks like a smile... from left to right (none go below center), starts about 3/8" down and is to center by the 3rd over then curves back up to the top. Sounds perfect to me - only thing i really adjust for songs is bass... some go over and dround it out (sounds crappy then) so i have to turn it down and some i have to turn it up for cuase there isn't enough.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:08 AM
Launching!

I agree with 2MRMMS...start with all of them down and slowly work your way up on each one to find a sound you like.
Asking how others have theirs set might not help much as you might not like the way it will sound.
Just be very careful on the bass side as it seems too easy to blow the sail panel speakers in these cars.