Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

how to replace the rear speakers

Old 01-20-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to replace the rear speakers

can i put a regular speaker in place of the DVC speakers in the rear or who else can i wire it up.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ABsolutely. Note: Only the sail panel speakers in the Firebird Monsoon System are DVC.

To hook up a normal SVC speaker, you just wire it in to only 1 of the 2 pairs of wires to each speaker. You may have to experiment to see which pair sounds better (I would think they would be the same, but I've seen posts indicating otherwise). Apparently, the amplifier doesn't like bridging all four wires.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

sorry i had it wrong the speakers i want to replace are the ones right behind the front seats not the rear in the back hatch, and they are DVC but i have a pair of regular speakers that accept more watts and the ones in the car a blown and driving me crazy.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Read the stickies at the top of the forum.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chris77
sorry i had it wrong the speakers i want to replace are the ones right behind the front seats not the rear in the back hatch, and they are DVC but i have a pair of regular speakers that accept more watts and the ones in the car a blown and driving me crazy.
We're talking about the the same thing. The sail panel speakers are the ones on either side of the rear seat.

Search this Thread