Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Electronic Doors on VEtte, any problems?

Old 01-22-2006, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Electronic Doors on VEtte, any problems?

Well, I was just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with the vette's doors. Let me begin by saying that Ive been locked inside 2 vettes and wasnt able to get out.

Was at a dealership for some routine service and that was the first day they got the c6. They had one in the show room. I got inside to check it out. Sure enough, i close the door, dang thing wouldnt open no matter what. Im gonna assume that it had something to do with the battery but the thing was not going to open no matter what. 10 dealership personnel dropped what they were doing and were trying to get me out. I ended up taking off the targa and hopping out the top (even though they were really pissed about that).

2nd time, yesterday was at naias sitting in a z06 c6. I hop in and close the door and just remembered i had trouble with it, yelled at my dad not to close the passenger side door. Luckily he didnt but sure enough the door failed. Im guessing this was battery failure as well since its been running continuously for many days.

Has anyone had trouble with these doors other than me, also, is there a manual way to open them w/o the electronics?

Search this Thread