Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Factory 2002 alarm won't stop going off!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 12:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory 2002 alarm won't stop going off!!

Please help me troubleshoot this problem. Whenever I lock my doors in the camaro, 30 seconds later the alarm starts to go off. Have anyone had this problem before, and what did it take to stop it.

Any advise would be helpful
Old 01-23-2006, 07:55 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The usual cause of this problem is the shock sensor. They go screwy every so often for some unknown reason. You need to adjust the sensitivity down. You'll find the sensor under the trim panel at the right rear of the car in front of the spare tire.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the same problem happening in mine except that I turned the sensitivity down all the way and it still goes off. I just unplugged it for now until I get around to ordering a new shock sensor.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

Mine just started doing this tonight. Yes, it was raining. I drove the car down to a covered parking area, out of the rain, and It is still doing it. Locked the car with remote, wait 3-5 seconds and it just goes nuts.....so I just locked the car the old fashion way, KEY......any Ideas.....??

Do I need a new BCM....????
Old 03-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Originally Posted by MYTFASTSS
Mine just started doing this tonight. Yes, it was raining. I drove the car down to a covered parking area, out of the rain, and It is still doing it. Locked the car with remote, wait 3-5 seconds and it just goes nuts.....so I just locked the car the old fashion way, KEY......any Ideas.....??

Do I need a new BCM....????
No, you need to disconnect the shock sensor until it dries out. It's also possible that you may need to replace the sensor but wait and see if it works after a couple of days drying out.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

WhiteBird00 Thanks, I will try that.....
Old 03-07-2006, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

Well, I unplugged the shock sensor...and I can now lock my car via key fob...But i have a few questions.

How did it get wet....Never did before?

Inside the wire connector, There was a blueish tint on one of the contacts. what is this?

If I need a new shock sensor, how much are they?
Old 03-08-2006, 06:55 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

They seem to get wet from runoff from the hatch being opened. You'll notice that water pours off the hatch when you open it in the rain and it goes down on the plastic trim covering the spare tire.

That blueish tint usually indicates overheating because of a bad (loose) connection. Check that the connector fits tightly together - that may be all that is causing your problem.

If you need to replace the sensor it is part number 10444928 which retails for about $36 but is available from gmpartsdirect for about $21.

Quick Reply: Factory 2002 alarm won't stop going off!!